Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 7

Hi blog world! 

It's been 7 days since my surgery.

I just gotta say this, I've been completely overwhelmed. SOO many people have called and texted, and visited, and sent me cards, and sent me flowers, and brought us food and treats, and emailed me, and facebook messaged me, and sent me gifts.  So many people texted me a day or 2 before my surgery, or approached me at church and talked to me about how I was feeling and told me they were thinking about me and praying for me.  I've been so overwhelmed at the love and concern people have shown me. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.  I am so so so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazingly wonderful people.  I love you all so much and I just wish that I could express it as well as all of you have.

as far as my back goes... I'm on the "fast" track to recovery.  It has sucked a little bit, but honestly it has sucked less than anticipated.  So that's good.  I'm now to the point where I can get up all by myself (yay for independence!) and walk around for a bit.  My nerve pain was initially gone for the first several days, however it's back now :(  I'm working really hard on not being discouraged or depressed by that.  The physical therapist from the hospital said that I might feel nerve pain still but that could just be from swelling, there's only so much room to swell back there so sometimes nerves can get a bit pinched.  So when I get rough nerve pain I try to take a deep breath and remind myself that I'm not allowed to be upset until I'm all healed.  

I'm trying to be a stellar patient, ya know, the kind doctors love and wish all other patients were like?  I'm trying to follow my doctors orders to a T.  I feel more motivated now than ever to lose any extra weight.  I have a sucky back and if I do nothing to lose weight and get a good strong core, I'll herniate again... and again... and again.   and trust me, this is not something I want to do EVER again.  Nor would I wish it on any one else.  So, if you're reading this blog, go do some core workouts and eat some broccoli.  
PRONTO! 
I mean it.
You'll thank me when you've got a rockin' core and a rockin' spine.
And if you don't know where to start...  Start here.
Sadly I probably won't be able to do some good awesome core workouts until around the end of March (that's such a depressing thought), but you better believe I'll be taking extra long walks every day and trying to eat healthy.  Speaking of eating healthy, I've decided I'm a 90/10 type of girl.  90% of what I put into my body needs to be healthy, 10% can be chocolate, or brownies... or deliciously greasy pizza (you get the idea). I just can't do the whole "I eat perfectly clean ALL the time" thing.  I set myself up for failure when I do that.

Anyway, I'll stop taking up your time so you can go get some core work in ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love your face! Miss you!!! You have so many people that love you, because you are so incredibly lovable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa I love you! And it won't be to much longer until you see me bank at work.

      Delete