Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thanksgiving!

Let's backtrack shall we?  So last year, Steve and I had 2 Thanksgivings.  The majority of my family works in retail... and Thursday is spent getting ready for Black Friday (which really is Black Thursday now).  
On the actual day of Thanksgiving, I cooked.  Scary, right?  Did you know you can buy turkey roasts instead of the whole turkey?  I didn't.  But that's what I did, and I crock-potted that sucker.  It was pretty tasty.  Steve's mom and sister (the original Katie Howe)  came and enjoyed the day with us.  It was nice to see them.  I was too busy cooking to get any pictures :(

The Sunday after Thanksgiving we went to my brother's house.  My mom had each of us write what we were grateful for on a piece of paper.  She's going to put all the papers into a book.
We also celebrated my little cousin's birthday.
We had some good, fun times with our families.  We're so grateful that everyone (with the exception of my oldest brother) is close to each other and we get to enjoy the Holidays with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment