Sunday, January 19, 2014

Our Holly Jolly Christmas

Stephen and I are quite lucky when it comes to Christmas.  My family does all their festivities on Christmas Eve, and his do all theirs on Christmas day.  It's really nice that we don't have to choose, or alternate years.  I would have a really hard time with that.  Here's a few glimpses my crazy side:

Brinlee normally doesn't really care about me, and she's normally scared of Steve.  Her Christmas gift to us was to love on us for a bit.
Here's a glimpse of the craziness that is the Hormans (there's about 9-10 people missing in this picture.)

On Christmas day, Steve and I opened gifts in our living room and then I made us blueberry waffles (with my brand spankin' new waffle maker, thanks Santa!).
Also, this Christmas I made a mistake I will never make again.  I bought glitter wrapping paper.  Enticing, right? That's what I thought.  Worst. Decision. Ever.  Tape won't stick to it so you have to glue it together, when you apply the glue you have to sit there and hold it until the glue is completely dry, otherwise it will end up working itself unwrapped.  PLUS, as you can imagine, glitter gets EVERYWHERE!!!  But, I don't believe in wasting, so we used it all up.
Steve is cute.  He just makes me giggle.  My parents asked what we wanted for Christmas and his response was "a cordless hand vacuum."  Whoa whoa, slow down you party animal!  I can't make fun of him too much though, it has become one of my favorite gifts.  It's just sooo useful.  In fact, he used it to vacuum all the spare glitter off of me on Christmas morning.  
After we opened gifts we got ready and went to Steve's mom's place.  We did (well, attempted) to do a Christmas puzzle, played games, and ate our weight in fudge.  I don't even feel bad, seriously, Steve's mom makes the most delicious fudge.  My Christmas gift to me was to not feel guilty about eating as much fudge as I wanted.  Totally worth it.
In the evening we went to Steve's brother's house for a yummy dinner where we also played games and chit chatted.  I really love his family.  Each and everyone one of them are just so awesome.  Before I got married I was always worried that I wouldn't like my in-laws, or things would just be slightly awkward any time we were together.  But I lucked out, his family really is the best, I have so much fun with them.
All in all, it was a pretty awesome Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment