Friday, May 31, 2013

Where Will it End?

Blog world, 

This is how I feel:
fat-animals-2

Ugh.

I'm deciding right here and now that I'm changing my life.

somewhere between my back injury and my desk job I gained a little cushion.

The jeans I once referred to as my "fat" pants, are now uncomfortably tight.

But that's not what bothers me the most (although I don't love it),

I just feel gross.

I'm constantly tired.

My stomach seems to always be bothering me

I'm bloated more often than not

I have hit the point where I'm done.  I'm 22.  Shouldn't this be the prime of my life?  From here on out I'm taking better care of myself, not just for me, but for Steve and our future babies.  They deserve to have a wife/mom who's happy and energetic.  Not frumpy and lethargic.

So blog friends, here's my plan and I'm starting it right now.

Meals will be planned in advance and prepared for.  Before I go to the store I will sit down and make a list of what we will eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  When I get home from the store I will organize and prep anything I can to make meals easier (e.g., putting snacks in grab and go baggies, creating salad topper mixes, prepping lunches for the upcoming week, etc.).

Exercise is sometimes tricky, but no matter what kind of pain I'm in, I'm going to be as active as I can everyday.  Exercise will mostly consist of yoga and walking, but when I feel up to more, I will weight train and challenge myself more.

Now here's where I struggle.  Impulse eating.  I've learned over the last little while that I'm most definitely an emotional eater and I eat when I'm in pain.  I'm going to focus on dealing with pain (whether it's emotional or physical) in healthy ways.  I'm not exactly sure yet what's going to work for me... I'll probably have a little bit of trial and error, but I'm a strong believer that thoughts and will power can overcome just about anything, and I hate the idea of not having control over shoving food into my mouth.  So I'll have my emotional eating under control pretty fast.

I have a juicer, I'm going to start juicing regularly again.  At least 4-5 times a week.  I used to have a juice almost everyday and I felt so amazing.

I'm a fairly good water drinker, but I definitely have room to improve.  I struggle with not drinking pop because I'm always tired and feel gross, yet pop causes me to feel even grosser... so that's kind of just a vicious cycle.  Starting today I will drink 120 ounces of water everyday and avoid pop.  I've seen a lot of flavored water recipes and I'm excited to try them... Like this one:
(Seriously, doesn't that look delicious?)

So blog friends, there's my plan.
I'm going to report to you all on a weekly so that I stay on track.  I know I will mess up and I know that I will have bad days, I'm human.  But I'm going to focus on the end goal and forgive myself and move on when I mess up.

I shall see you next week.

2 comments:

  1. best of luck! you've inspired me to start again as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You go girl. Blogging will be a good way to stay motivated. You've got at least one fan:)

    ReplyDelete