Sunday, December 28, 2014

Flashback: Horman Weddings

Wow, 2014 is pretty much over and I've let a lot of things go unblogged, so I'll be doing a series of "Flashback" blog posts. Let's flashback to August real quick.  I got 2 new sister-in-laws within a few weeks!  There was a whole lotta love flying around the Horman family.
August 10th my brother, Casey, got married to a wonderful little lady, Sydney.  It was beautiful.  Me, my sister-in-law, and my aunt were brides maids. Casey and Syd work with me and met at work (just like me and Steve).  It was such a beautiful day and I'm so happy for them.



My other brother, Jeff, texted everyone back in July and told us to keep August 16th available.  He had been dating someone for a few months and we thought he might be proposing to her that day.  Or announcing a wedding.  We were wrong.  He sent us an address of where to go and when we got there we realized it was a ceremony.  We thought he was doing a surprise wedding!  Again, wrong.  Turns out him and Holly had eloped on July 22nd and kept it a secret from everyone (even their kids!).  They wanted to wait until after Casey's wedding to do a ceremony for their kids.  In this ceremony they read letters they had written to the other person's kids.  They pledged as a family to be committed to each other and to love and support each other.  It was really really cool.  I cried a lot.  I hadn't properly prepared my emotions.  But even if I had, I still would have cried.  It's really hard to accurately explain it because it's such a unique thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment