Saturday, June 14, 2014

May-hem

May was crazy.
It FLEW by.
I can't even remember everything that happened (which makes me a little sad), but here's what I do remember.

First a foremost, we moved into our first home!
There was a little confusion with the moving truck and we ended up having to take 2 trips.  We told our property management that we'd turn the keys to our duplex in on May 3rd, the same day we moved.  That was ridiculous of us.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Getting everything out, the place scrubbed, carpets cleaned, etc. was a wee bit hectic.  However, we're LOVING our place.  As far as the inside goes, we finally have it all furnished and next we'll be painting (we meant to do that before it was fully furnished... but that didn't happen).  The outside is very very slowly coming along.  Our sprinkler system misses little spots here and there.  Also, there's a ridiculous amount of evil, painful weeds (I've nicknamed them Satan weeds, because I feel like they're trying to destroy me).  We also installed a grow box and planted a garden!  We're growing tomatoes, spaghetti squash, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, lettuce, carrots, sugar snap peas (well, we're trying to grow those, but they just want to die), and green beans.
It still feels weird that this is my house.  I don't feel grown up enough to own a home, but I'm most definitely grateful!

I did a no sugar challenge.  It was tough.  I didn't make it a full 30 days with absolutely no sugar.  I made it 11.  haha.  I, for some reason, had 2 or 3 sleepless nights in a row and they ruined me.  I broke when I was offered some sugar.  I still feel like I did fairly well though.  I definitely didn't eat nearly as much as I had been and I feel like I broke my sugar addiction, and honestly, that was always my end goal.  I don't crave it like I used to.  I feel like I've done pretty well at making healthier choices.  Except I've gotten worse at consistent working out (unless you can count home-owning as working out, because there's been a lot of yard work).  Oh well, I'll just take it one day at a time.
Also, I feel like we need to note that I live about 100 feet from a doughnut shop.  I'd like a pat on the back for not going there every day.

And lastly, we've had a lot of different things filling our time.  We've had lots of family stuff going on.  I'm SOOO excited to be so close to them.  My nieces spent the night on memorial day, my best friend came to visit for a few days,  my sister moved to Virginia, we've gotten to know ward members and neighbors, life has been good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment