Sunday, June 15, 2014

Introducing: Ms. Penelope Howe

Well, if you're on any of my social networks, you know by now that we have a new little fur child, and we're smitten.
We love her.  We found her on KSL about 2 weeks ago and we've anxiously been awaiting her arrival.
She came to our house on June 13th.
We were fully prepared for all puppy hell to break loose.  We've been prepared for lots of potty accidents, crying, barking, sleepless nights, chewing... the whole 9 yards.
So far, she's only had one itty bitty accident her first night, rarely cries, still hasn't barked, sleeps fairly well, and is usually content to only chew her toys.
Guys, she's awesome.
She prefers me over Steve (which secretly makes me so happy I could cry)
She gets SOOO excited when she sees me after I've been else where.  Maggee used to do the same thing (as does every dog) and I've missed it so much.  Being greeted by a furry friend is probably one of the things I've missed the absolute most.
And she's a cuddler.
My heart has melted.
I love watching her little personality come out.  She was timid the first and second day, but now she's becoming playful and outgoing.
It's so funny to watch her play.  She'll get really really excited for like 20-30 minutes, and then, as if someone drugged her, she's suddenly out for at least a solid hour.
Also, she's obsessed with my feet.  She has to be on them/in between them as often as possible.  She's actually currently passed out on them right now.
We just love her.
We're working on biting, she bites a bit too hard when she's playing, but she's learning really quickly.
We're crate training.  She's doing pretty well.  She seems to like her crate and goes into it quite a bit (probably because we put treats in there).
I'm a dog person.
I need a dog always.
I'm just not as happy as I could be without one and I'm so excited for our future adventures with our new little girl.
I shall of course keep you updated.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment