Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Proposal


Well, It's official!  He put a ring on it!  On the morning of July 8th I woke up to a text that said, "Go look on your front porch."  Sitting on my front porch were 10 envelopes. The first one said 101 reasons why I love you and went from #101-92. :) I got to work and there were 10 more sitting on my desk. All throughout the day he had random people delivering them to me.  At lunch we went into the break room and we sat at an empty table.  I didn't realize it at the time but it was the exact spot where we met and he gave me another twenty envelopes. :)  Up until this point I wasn't sure if he was going to propose or not.  I thought he might just be making a grand romantic gesture! :)  After work I went out to my car to drive home and sure enough there were 15 more under my windshield wiper.  On the drive home Steve called me and nonchalantly asked if I wanted to drop by his mom's house and maybe we could go for a walk or play with Maghie or whatever. haha.  I went to his mom's house (we were down to the last 5 reasons at this point) and when I got there the doorknob on the front door had a giant red bow on it.  The door was opened a crack and the red ribbon went from the front door and was draped all throughout the house.  There were rose petals and candles EVERYWHERE!!!  It was beautiful!  Clipped along the ribbon were reasons number 5, 4, 3, and 2. I got down to reason number 2 and the ribbon ended.  Steve came up from the basement, walked over to me and said, "Do you want to know the number 1 reason why I love you?"  At this point all I could do was nod.  He said, "The number 1 reason I love you is because I can't live without you" and then he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him!
Just a few of the reasons...
The Bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment